søndag 24. april 2016

Saddle up (Scrap lift)

After my long scrapping break I found myself a little rusty: I still have the technical skills, but haven't been into doing my own designs for a while. I'm a big fan of sketches, and have always been, but scraplifting has taken it one more step further: watching designer's details and tecniques is so inspirational!

Paper Issues has a new scrap lift challenge every weekend, and over the next week I'm going to show my take on the April lifts.

Let's start with "Saddle up":

Background paper: Lemon Owl. Rubon & alpha : Basic Grey.
Stickers: Sandylion.
Here is the layout I lifted:

Layout by Kelly Feldmad
I was attracted to the general design and multiple photos, and chose to have a bottom border, too, to keep the layout balanced. Actually, scraplifting is pretty much like using a sketch: you take inspiration from it and make it yours as you feel like. No need to copy every detail!

Details:

Mix of stickers and rubons

I wonder what I was thinking when I bought these themed stickers. Who cares, they turned out to be handy :-)

Lovely old rubond from Basic Grey. It was time to use them, as they don't stick that good any longer when They get old.

Your thoughts on scrap lifting?

Please come back on Tuesday when I have a new scrap lift to share!

Ingen kommentarer: