mandag 29. september 2014

But first, let's take a selfie

This is my youngest son (soon 12) and me on the airport, on the way to Crete (Greece) in July. What a fabolous photo *lol*.


Materials are bits and pieces from my stash and a true mix of manufactorers: MME, Lemon Owl, Bo Bunny, Basic Grey, Simple Stories, Freckled Fawn

The story behind the photo is tad sad: early this summer we knew the entire family would not be able to travel together for a while: My FIL was very sick. Our oldest son therefore went to Poland with a friend's family, and one of us adults had to be home with FIL all the time. Youngest kid deserved some vacation, too, so we decided him and I should go for a week, We had a lovely time, even if it was just the two of us, but it would have been even better if all of us could go.

A few close ups:

Stickers and metal clips

Overlay on top of printed time table

Washi, buttons, stickers and flair


The design is inpired by this great Sketch-N-Scrap sketch by Lisa Hady:






I have replaced some of the squares on the left side with print or embellies, but I hope you still can see the sketch there.

Thank you for stopping by - you know it means a lot to me!

8 kommentarer:

Lisa sa...

This is just stunning! Love your take on the sketch and the elements/papers you used! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Sketch N Scrap!

Rachelle Olaridge sa...

Fantastic and fun LO. Love the details and pic. Great take! Thanks for playing along with us at
Sketch N Scrap!

Darcy sa...

I love all the bits! The buttons, the paper clip. Awesome! Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch ~N~ Scrap!

Kerry sa...

I love the layout you created with our sketch and the travel embellishments are so adorable. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Lydia sa...

Your layout is FUN FUN FUN!!!
Thank you for joining us at sketch n scrap!

Susan Renshaw sa...

Love the selfie and the layout you have made with it! Thanks for sharing with SNS!

Unknown sa...

Great job! Thanks for joining us over at Sketch 'N' Scrap!

Wendy sa...

This is a GREAT PAGE! I truly love what you did with the sketch and how you made it your own! I am glad that you shared your work with us at Sketch N Scrap!