tirsdag 14. januar 2014

The Ski Star (Chic Tags sketch challenge)

Even the ski resorts around here have had less snow than normal this Winter, so the big jumps weren't ready when we visited Beitostølen (a Norwegian ski resort) last weekend. But they had prepared some smaller jumps, so the kids could practise a few tricks.


DS14's big goal this winter is to complete a front flip on ski, but this weekend all he could do was spins and twists, due to lack of big jumps. Here he is:

Background paper: Studio Calico. Tags & journaling cards: Chic Tags. Arrow metal clips & snowflake brad: Freckled Fawn. Flair: The Paper Bakery. Alpha: Jillibean Soup. Snowflake dies: LifestyleCrafts

Close ups:
The blue dotted paper on my snowflake is from a Chic Tag pakcaging
Tags are fastened with 3D dots to add depth to the layout

The matting behind the photos are journaling cards.


Chic Tags had a grab bag sale a while ago and I bought one. I have been splurging with htier fun tags lately, testing out different ways to use them. They are really "my thing" and I can't wait to start shopping the new releases.


I was browsing the Chic Tags blog when this sketch cought my eyes. I often do my own designs,but  I find it very relaxing working with sketches, as I then don't have to worry about whipping up a new design.


I flipped the sketch to fit my photos, and replaced most of the circles with triangles, but exept for that I kept close to the sketch.


Have a fabolous day :-)

2 kommentarer:

Sherri sa...

Such great photos Hilde, and I love how you flipped the sketch too. Thanks so much for linking up with us friend.

Ashley Horton sa...

Congrats on winning last week's challenge, Hilde! Your new layout is stunning! Love that you rotated the sketch and used the different Chic Tags in place of the circles! Such a great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us @ Chic Tags!