søndag 13. oktober 2013

The optimist - a yellow, monochromatic LO for the TSC

Hello.

Today we have a new challenge for you at The Studio Challenges (TSC):


Today's challenge is to create a monochromatic layout.

 For those of you that need a little help with the word, 'Monochromatic' means using different shades and hues of a single colour!
 
The TSC DT members have all picked different colors, so please visit the blog to see what they have done.


I picked yellow as my color and her is my example for you:

Title: The Optimist

Background paper, ric-rac: unknown. Other papers: Studio Calico. Pinwheel:Queen &co. Tag: Chic Tags
Enamel dots: MME Alpha Dies: LifestyleCrafts


My youngest kid is a creative one, in many ways. He wanted to test out if the loan mower could be used to pull him on his long board. It didn't work out as he planned, though: The combo of long grass and small wheels, was a bad one. This made have worked on a smother surface, though :-)

To create a true monochromatic layout, I inked all white parts on the patterned papers with yellow ink.
Photoshop + me = not friends. I printed my photo in b/w and simply used a yellow marker on the parts I wanted to be colored. Easy peasy :-)




Have you ever made a monochromatic layout? Will you give this a try?

PS This month TSC has a wonderful sponsor: Teresa Collins Stampmaker. Hop over to the TSC blog to see how you can win stamps!

2 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

I know many people don't like yellow, but it is one of my favourite colours as it brings something positive out of me.

You have also made such a beautiful, happy page - and the title is sooo great! Love how you have coloured details of the b&w photo as well, great idea!

pysselpetra sa...

Ha ha he is a very funny guy and what energy to try so many of his ideas. Love the page